Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good Find - Estate Sales


Want to show these cute stuffs I found at the estate sales. For those who dont know, estate sales is like someone open their house and sell every contents in the house. (This concept does not exist in Thailand-- We dont have a concept of garage sales either) Anyhow, commonly are the old people who either pass away or moving to the nursing home.

I stumbled into this estate sales near my house one weekend. It is a great fun shopping there, I found several antiques and unique stuffs like this one. The seller (actually not the owner but the company the owner hired to manage this) told me that the owner is moving into the retirement home so the money will go to support her expense there. -- Make me feel a little better about this. My first time when I went to estate sales, I was surprise that people just put their personal stuffs on sales. But it is kind of make sense if you are downsizing from big house to just one bedroom in the retirement home.

My last visit, I found these pot holders. I think they are so cute and unique. All of them are hand-made. And the best part, I dont even know how much did it cost since it comes with six pressed crystal - like wine glasses for $3 :) It is truly cheap and cheery! I even subscribed to the seller's newsletter. I think they are very specialized in my area (Fremont) As a matter of fact, I only see them doing this stuff around fremont. If you are interested, you can email him at curtiswdenisar@comcast.net, he will send you a schedule of his next sales)

I think garage sales and estate sales are good for environment and good for everyone's pocket. I hope we have something like this in Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment