Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Take Out Containers




I found indefinte use of this stuff. I heard that there is a new SF law that all take out containers have to be either 'reuseable' or bio-degradable. No more foam!

I dont think that law is being issued in Fremont yet as I still see some restaurants use foam containers. Anyhow, i wash all these take out containers that I got and reuse them in so many ways.

In these pictures, I used them to freeze soup when I made a big pot of vegetable soup. One Thai girl I met told me that it freezes pretty well. Another time, I used them to store dry stuff like shredded coconut. I labeled the containers with item and expiration date so I know what it is and when the item will be expired.


Now, when I go to the place that I know I will order take out or (having a left over), I even bring my own containers so they don't have to give me a new one. Restaurants in Bangkok start giving out 5% discount for people who bring their own containers and bags for take out. Why don't we do it here in the US? Will reduce remarkable amount of trash!!





1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea, we should all do this and use the containers as long as we can. Most containers will go in dishwasher on top rack so no excuse that they can't be cleaned, and if they have an order you can put in a piece of newspaper for a short time to take out the smells, then just rewash and you are good to go!

    ReplyDelete